Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

borders around boxes for typing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

HI,I went to another forum and on their forum borders around where you type was almost invisible
is there way to darken by site to increase the border darkness so you can see where you are typing.
I have a feeling that this problem is connected to my video card since it is an older PC i may not
be able to download any updates to fix this problem,right now saving up for a PC that is better then
a piece of paper/pencil,THANK'S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

You can do what I do when someone uses a weird color for a webpage, making it difficult to see/read...just highlight/select the entire page, which makes it readable.

Louis

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

so if it does it on another forum and not on this one ,doesn't seem it would be your problem but the other forums settings ,as for highlighting it that would go away as soon as you hit a key to type ,

PS, i know you know that !

link the other forum so we can have a look at what you are referring to

Edited by caperjac, 10 April 2012 - 03:45 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

HI,I went back to the site i had problems with and the borders were there,but the colors on F/F& I.E.are really bad
that's why i was thinking maybe my video card needs updating,i even tried a system restore back a few days and did not make any difference.
Both of my PS'S are ddr ram so i am thinking in my little mind i could better ram out of one and put in the other PC
found out that even being DDR ram that they have different index's and are not interchangeable.

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Can't help with I.E. but for Fx you might give the NoSquint extension/add-on a try.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nosquint/?src=search

NoSquint allows you to adjust the text-only and full-page (both text and images) zoom
levels as well as color settings both globally (for all sites) and per site.

emphasis mine

It has worked well for me on those hard to view sites.

#6 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Thank's FlannelBack,Will give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users