Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer Has a virus that is blocking my anti virus software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nbdelboy

Nbdelboy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi, I recently got a virus on my computer (which runs windows xp media centre edition sp3) I first noticed when BT Net Protect Plus (McAfee) wasn't opening on start up, and that old webpages were randomly opening. I also got an error saying i needed to reinstall something to do with SP3 and booting the computer because some file had gone missing (but my computer didnt come with a disc so i ignored it). Anyway, so I tried Malware bytes but the virus is blocking that too. So I tried to reboot in Safe Mode with networking and got the blue screen (I believe to do with the aforementioned random error I believe the virus caused), so I did the whole fixboot and fixmbr thing and tried again and still get the blue screen. So I've just been using normal mode.

The infection BLOCKS all different webpages such as the malwarebytes official site and the bleepingcomputerdownloads site, and so on. It won't block Cnet or FileHippo though, unless the download is sourced at a blocked site. It just says that Firefox cannot find the server, yet it works perfectly fine on my iPad. So I'm having to use a different computer, burn the software to a DVD RW and copy it over that way.

I initially asked for help on yahoo answers and the member, Casca Longinus, told me to use rkill, then TDSSKiller, and then after I restarted, run a full MBAM scan. Which i tried, and after two attempts, found 27 medium errors in TDSSKiller. When I told it to delete the threats, It told me to reboot my computer, which I did, and after the loading windows xp logo, i got the blue screen. So I told Casca Longinus on Yahoo Answers and he recommended I came to you guys. Thanks for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 10 April 2012 - 02:15 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer!

We Need to Diagnose Your BlueScreen
  • When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode
  • Select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:
    Posted Image
  • When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
    Posted Image
Please post me the error(s).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users