Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bleh...where to start...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thephfactor

thephfactor

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Okay. I have an HP Envy 17 3D edition. A premuim laptop. But it has some annoying problems. First of all, I think the power is screwed up. Sometimes it randomly downgrades the performance to my-moms-old-computer speeds. I'm not sure why it does this, but it seems to be connected to the power. My theory is that the "Smart AC Adapter" scales back the power, which causes it to be slow. Any ideas on how to fix this performance issue? Perhaps a software mod? The point is, this is a very fast computer. 6GB of RAM, Core i7, HD 6850. It should not be running so slow.

Also, it refuses to install any EA Sports 07 games. I have Tiger Woods, Madden, and FIFA, and it doesn't install them! It gives me a DirectX error, saying I need DirectX 7 or something. I have looked, and my DirectX is fully updated. This should be a minor problem, but I can't seem to get around it. I do want to get more games for this computer, such as Portal 2, but if I can't solve this performance issue, I don't know if it will be worth it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users