Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SndVol.exe Crahsing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Surfenc

Surfenc

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hello, I'm running Win 7 home premium 64-bit. I'm having some issues, when i open up SndVol.exe(Volume mixer) - sometimes it stops responding. This makes all the sound stop working and causes all other programs to become also non responsive. The only way to end this is by restarting my computer. I've tried to update all my drives and they seem to be updated. i used Paretologic to check my drivers ect... I also have one other strange issue, where every time i go to shutdown there's always an windows update, which always consist of one update, meaning for example (1of1) Thanks to anyone that can help me with this issue

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hello -
Please list your computer Make and Model -

Thank You -

#3 Surfenc

Surfenc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for the response, I have a Dell Xps and if this helps here is the speccy Speccy link

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

every time i go to shutdown there's always an windows update, which always consist of one update, meaning for example (1of1)

Do you know the (usually) KB - - - - - - listing of this update ??
Please check in Windows Updates and see if there are a few Failed installs -

Thanks -

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Audio
Sound Cards - (All are Creative related)
Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)
AMD High Definition Audio Device
USB Audio Device

Creative Worldwide Support > X-Fi XtremeMusic <<<== Try for a Driver Update or other information at the Creative site -
You are not / have not been the only person with this problem from what I have found (dating back 5 years) -

Hope there is help / updates there for you -

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hi -
Not sure if this thread is a great help, but I got a PM from the poster that I solved the problem -
Always worth a read :) Scroll down to Post #8
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic435588.html/pa ge__view__findpost__p__2532293

#7 Surfenc

Surfenc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thanks for all the help! I was able to update my sound card driver. The sndvol.exe hasn't crashed (yet) so that's good. I went into windows updates and had a bunch to do. after all those were done and my Pc was finished rebooting, when i went to shutdown the update wasn't attached to the shutdown key. thanks for everything and i will use this forum if i have any other issues! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users