Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NetZero Dial

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jlinno

jlinno

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Due to where I live, my only internet options (other than satellite), is dial up and the only reliable local ISP is NetZero.

My problem is that it logs me on to the internet but will not go past the "Logging into NetZero..." popup and though I can get to any site I want, the popup won't go away.

Windows XP Pro, SP3, Dell Latitude D620, NetZero High Speed dial up (though when this problem started, it doesn't recognize that I've a High Speed account.

The connection worked fine for 6 weeks and NetZero wants $25.00 just to talk to me and there is nothing on their Help Forum regarding this problem.

Any ideas would appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 10 April 2012 - 05:04 AM.
Moved from XP to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Try uninstalling and re-installing the software. You should also make sure there isn't a firewall or anti virus program blocking it.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Due to where I live, my only internet options (other than satellite), is dial up and the only reliable local ISP is NetZero.
My problem is that it logs me on to the internet but will not go past the "Logging into NetZero..."

I think these 2 statements do contradict each other a bit .....
Satellite seems to be the only option for you, as NetZero lives up to its name - Inter - Net - Zero -

If NetZero wants $25.00 just to talk to you, there is your first month on satellite paid for already -
Do this 4 times @ $100 and you are ahead on an internet plan -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users