Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin Router password for ipad

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jschuh10

jschuh10

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

I have a Belkin F5D6231 Router that I am trying to connect to my new IPAD. I can access the router page through the internet, but the 64 encryption code that I use for my laptop (windows xp) does not work for my password on my ipad, what should I be looking for in the router setup page as my password to use for my ipad.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Once you're logged into Belkin's control panel @ http://192.168.2.1/ you should have a "Security" Menu item under "Wireless" on the left side. There it should contain your key and what security type you're using. Make sure you enter the password listed there and make sure the security type (I recommend WPA-Personal or WPA2-Personal for home users) is compatible with your iPad.

#3 jschuh10

jschuh10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

So I don't have a security tab in the menu for my router the tab name that is under the wireless section is called encryption, and when I go to that screen it has the encryption option as WEP Mode and the options of either a 64-Bit or 128-Bit. So I don't know if I can do the WPA option, on the properties page of my wireless connection for my laptop it has network authrorization as Open and the encryption mode as WEP. I can change it to WPA option which has two different encryption modes but none of the modes are WEP and of course doesn't work with the encryption code (password) I have from the router, because I lose my connection to the router. My guess is that my router is too old, but maybe I am missing something.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

My guess is that my router is too old

The router only supports WEP encryption so you cannot change to WPA/WPA2.

Tekken

#5 jschuh10

jschuh10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

So since it only supports WEP encryption am I out of luck getting my Ipad to connect to the router? Do I need to get a router that allows for WPA type security connection?

#6 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Try updating the router's firmware.

http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&aid=5947

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users