Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

forgotten pass in admin account

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suspendingdisbelief4

suspendingdisbelief4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

I have recently ran into an issue that is probably not too uncommon but I am having issues with. I currently forgot my password for my admin account on my laptop that runs on windows vista, i have looked up ways to bypass this issue and have ran into some issues along the way so first i looked up a password rescuer online but figured that i would have a hard time running it because my pass is more than 14 characters long. i also tried to run a system restore on it for an earlier time before i changed the password that i have currently forgot but an error keeps coming up due to a corrupted file on my c drive. all i want to do is gain access to my admin account so i can back up the files that are precious to me so i can run a factory restore on my computer then have it running clean again. Anyhow, I looked online for some other ideas and im currently reading and looking into ways to bypass the admin account by using a sticky keys trick the windows vista password or offline enabling the built in admin account on vista. The trouble that I am having is that i made it to where my files were viewable and accessable only through the admin account, does that mean they are encrypted? also would doing these tricks possibly delete my files or make them unaccessable? i also dont have a vista or windows setup dvd could i possibly do anything to bypass the admin account to keep my files, without the dvd? thank you so much, i know im in one heck of a pickle any help is very appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

You can download the The Ultimate Boot CD and use the password changing utility that comes with it.

Also by default the Administrator Password on Windows Vista and 7 is disabled.

#3 dnthns87

dnthns87

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

You shouldn't have to download anything if i remember correctly booting into safe mode in vista will give you another account called "administrator" with no password on by default. Simply log in and change the password that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users