Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rootkit virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 anchovy93

anchovy93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I have this horrible rootkit virus that I can't seem to get rid of. I've scanned with everything in the universe, manually deleted things from the registry, and killed every suspicious process I've found.
I decided to try this forum and I went through the preliminary steps to get the gmer logs and the dds logs, but those won't even run on my computer.
The DDS opens and then shuts off after it gets going a little bit, and gmer won't let me select some of the options, they're grayed out.
The grayed out options are as follows:
Systems
Sections
IAT/EAT
Devices
Modules
Processes
Threads
Libraries
Show all
All of these are unchecked. It should also be noted that when I try to open gmer it gives me this warning,
LoadDriver( "C:\users\anthony\AppData\Local\Temp\uxdiqpob.sys") error 0xC000010E: An instance of the service is already running.
I'm so sorry guys. But this virus is getting me bad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hello anchovy93 ! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! :welcome:

My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
  • Next please open Posted Image again.
  • Click on Tools => Kernel-mode Callbacks.
    Posted Image
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • Delete callbacks for CreateProcess <unknown>, LoadImage <unknown> (if there are such entries)
    Posted Image

Please download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

Posted Image
  • Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.

Posted Image
  • Click the Start Scan button.

Posted Image
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Posted Image
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
    Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

Posted Image

Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
  • A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Regards,
Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

Hello,

It's been several days. Do you still need help on this?
This thread will be closed if you don't respond within 72 hours.

Regards,
Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
In the event you still have problems, please send a Private Message to any Moderator or the Malware Helper who replied to you here and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users