Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

plug in container

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fullup

fullup

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm consistently getting "plug in container has encountered an error" messages while using Firefox 11.0.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fullup

fullup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Ok, it says moved" next to my post, what do dis mean? no linky

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

You originally posted your question in Am I infected? What do I do?.

There is no indication that your system is infected, the post was in the wrong forum, so it was moved to the more appropriate forum.

There is no link because one is not needed. When you click on the topic link in Am I Infected you are automatically redirected to the post in the forum it was moved to-in this case Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications which you will see at the top of this page.

(I did not move it)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 April 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,511 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

You likely have a corrupt Firefox plugin or extension. You will need to run firefox with all your plugins and extensions disabled or more easily run in safe mode. Then see if the issue reoccurs, if not enable your plugins one by one to see which one it is. When you find the plugin or extension that creates the error uninstall it and reinstall it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 fullup

fullup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks Animal, that makes perfect sense and I'll give it a try.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,511 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

You're quite welcome.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

For an easy test, you can run FF without the add-ons by clicking on 'Help' then 'Restart with Add-ons Disabled'.
Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users