Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless intermittant booting problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 horseman666

horseman666

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

the laptop dell inspiron n5010 is running fine , i have an automatic connection to my wifi at home set up on this laptop - i am using dw lan card dw 1501 wireless -n half mini card rev 2.11 , the connection of wifi is on i can use it for hours and it is ok but than i shut down the windows and when i start it up next time the internet connection to my wifi fails (the icon showing the wifi indicates the wireless on the laptop is off when i start it up manually and try to connect to my network (wifi) it says the connection is impossible and tells me to reset my routher . when i try to run connection diagnostics on my wlan card it gets up to the internet ip ping and says:The wireless router/AP for your network is working, but your computer is not able to use an IP address to connect to the Internet. You will not be able to connect to the Internet, although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless router/AP installer for assistance.

Customer Support:
www.support.dell.com
is there anything i can do to resolve this annoying problem - just to add sometimes the laptop will start up fine and tha internet connection is automatically on without any trouble...
i tried to do this (i have found it on some forum but did not bring any effect..

Method 1: Run Ipconfig /all at the command prompt to check if you are able to obtain an IP (internet protocol) address Click Start, click Run, type "cmd" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK to open a MS-DOS command line window. Type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotation marks), and then hit the ENTER key.

Step 1: Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties

3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"

4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session

5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Step 2: Disable IPv6

1. Go to “Control Panel - Network Connections”.

2. Right-Click on the connection and click Properties.

3. Uncheck the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 6 in the list and click OK.

4. Please reboot the computer to see if it works.

Note: You should do this for each network connection.

if you have any ideas please help ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 horseman666

horseman666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

just to add i have two other laptops connected to my internet by wifi and the others seem so run ok - is there any kind of wifi virus going on you are aware of ?? i have scanned my laptop with avg and a couple of other programs but they didn`t detect anything

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

when i start it up manually and try to connect to my network (wifi) it says the connection is impossible and tells me to reset my routher

Hi horseman -
First I assume that you have attenpted to direct connect to the modem by Ethernet cable, and have the same result - - -
If this is the case please follow these directions (Program can be transferred via USB flash drive) -

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Thank You -

is there any kind of wifi virus going on you are aware of ??

We will never claim to know of any , or all active infections as some develop today and some are still active from 10 years ago -
But I would say "Not that I am aware of" -

#4 horseman666

horseman666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

ok these are the results

Attached Files

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for this -
It will take a short time to review the results, so please check back in a while and we hope to find something -

Regards -

#6 horseman666

horseman666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

ok thx just to mention the thing is running now and i am writing to you from it

Edited by horseman666, 09 April 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

1 / Error: (04/09/2012 09:24:39 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: Update.exe_PC Tools Smart Update, version: 5.5.0.53,
2 / Error: (04/09/2012 08:59:01 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: Update.exe_PC Tools Smart Update, version: 5.5.0.53
3 / Error: (04/09/2012 08:55:15 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: Update.exe_PC Tools Smart Update, version: 5.5.0.53
4 / Error: (04/09/2012 08:36:25 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
5 / Error: (04/09/2012 08:32:59 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
6 / Error: (04/09/2012 08:14:15 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )

These are all listed for the one log on session -

Are you locked into PCTools Antivirus system ?? If not I would say that MSE provides simpler system and Windows7 Firewall is very good -
Performance review -
PC Tools received generally excellent marks for its efficacy at detecting and removing malware.
However, CNET Labs determined that there's a high cost for those results, with abysmal marks on system performance.

"The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted" shows up in errors also -
This would at minimum require a chkdsk /r and a sfc /scannow to check for corruption / errors (CDs are not required for Win7 unless badly corrupted) -

Detektor Winampa - Generally regarded as a very lo rated program (I found most reviews gave it a 1 star rating)

127.0.0.1 localhost = your Hosts file ........
Clear your cache and reset your Hosts file -
Copy and paste between these lines in Note pad. Not any other program, it must be Notepad -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save as flush.bat to your desktop. NOTE - The .bat extension is very important
Right click on the flush.bat file to run it as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.
(Credit Jacee Bleeping Malware Response) -

You could uninstall these items and then try, one at a time, to reinstall them -
Need for Speed™ Carbon
Need for Speed™ Most Wanted
GTA San Andreas (Version: 1.00.00001)
µTorrent (Version: 3.0.0)

Just basic observations for now, but Remove PCTools, Remove games, Reset Hosts file -
Followed by Run a Disk Check /r and System File Check -
Get back after this if the problem persists and we can review it further -

Thanks -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users