See Pacman's Portal
Use Process Explorer
to see what's running at startup.
Please download and run Process Explorer v11.33
Click on File
then Save As
, create a log.
The system restore can be a few things.
Rule out malwareI'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.
Please download aswMBR
( 511KB ) to your desktop.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
- Click the Scan button to start the scan
- On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
OR a corrupt file: Use SFC
Please run SFC (System File Checker)
Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow
... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System FilesNOTE for Vista/WIN 7 users..The command needs to be run from an Elevated Command Prompt.
Click Start, type cmd
into the Start/Search box,
in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator
You will need your operating system CD handy.
Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
Then click File
.. then New Task(Run)
In the box that opens type sfc /scannow
......There is a space between c and /
Let it run and insert the CD when asked.
Edited by boopme, 12 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.