Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: c0000135 the program can't start because %hs is missing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mbrunck

mbrunck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hey guys,

Recent acquired the S.M.A.R.T HDD virus and despite running multiple programs to remove it, I now can no longer log in. I get the blue screen with STOP: c0000135 the program can't start because %hs is missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I do plan on starting over soon, however I have some important documents I want to back-up ASAP before I do so, so it's important to me to get Windows back up and running again with my files, etc.

Followed the steps with FRST64.exe and here is my log file that came from it. I have Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. Thanks again. :(

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hi

Please do the following:

Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. (To do this highlight the contents of the box, right click on it and select copy. Right-click in the open notepad and select Paste). Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt

start
script removed

end

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Now please enter System Recovery Options then select Command Prompt

Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

Now restart, let it boot normally and tell me how it went.

NEXT

Please delete the copy of ComboFix that you have on your desktop and download a fresh copy from the link below, make sure your security programs are disabled before you run it,

post the resulting log

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Edited by CatByte, 03 July 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users