Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba 8x External USB CD-R/W Burner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nicole Alzamora

Nicole Alzamora

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I bought it from best buy's website here is the thing I use 100pk memorex CD-Rs 52x's some of them don't make a sound, Some burn quietly but when I try another one it makes a roaring noise, vibrating noise like vrrrrr sounding Sometimes it tends to be loud I have to unplug it from the laptop so it will stop cause it's annoying, But I don't get it is it my CD-R's is 52x a good brand for 8x Burner? Just wondering it's brand new, I just don't get it do I have to set a speed all the CD-R's at the store are 52x the burner goes to 24x I can never see any CD-Rs for that type.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hi Nicole Alzamora,

Some burn quietly but when I try another one it makes a roaring noise, vibrating noise like vrrrrr sounding

I don't think that it is unusual for a DVDROM to be somewhat noisy on occasion. This might happen if the disc is not placed correctly in the holder or maybe an individual disc is out of balance. The bottom line is that the drive should read/write a disc and be reasonably quiet a majority of the time. If your new drive is "vibrating" so that you have to "unplug it from the laptop" frequently , then it might be a good idea return it to Best Buy for another one.

The 8X in "Toshiba 8x External USB Burner" represents the burn speed with a DVD. It is 8 times faster than the original x1 DVD burners. This drive is also capable of burning CD discs at a speed of x24. The Memorex x52 discs are fine and should cause no problem. They are capable of reading/writing at x52 speed so your use at x24 is not an issue.

I just don't get it do I have to set a speed

Most software used for burning discs automatically recognizes the inserted CD or DVD burning speed capability and adjusts the burn process accordingly. You shouldn't have to adjust speed.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users