Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I get rid of the Happili virus.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Djattou

Djattou

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

My internet browser mozillaFirefox is having the issue that when I use google to search for things, it will still display me normal results until I go to click on one of them, then the page that pops up is not the URL stated by the google result, but rather a happili site with some random unrelated to the search advertisements. I'm assuming this is some sort of rootkit hijacker virus. I would like to know, how can I get rid of this virus? Also, since my efforts to get rid of it seemed to have increased the number of viruses doing the same redirect thing (same exact redirect problem but to different websites), would it be possible to get help with those too?

System Info:
Microsoft Windows7 64bit; Service pack 1. Firefox.exe product version 10.0.2; File version 10.0.2.4428. No windows recovery systems are installed.

Software used / Actions taken:
Initially I tried the software that I already have on my computer: Spybot Search&Destroy, Microsoft Security Essentials, and I ran a search (after updating them) on my computer to find no threats. I then tried the AVG2012 Free edition, ran a search, and it found some problems with my Java program, but nothing wrong with my Firefox. I then decided to go on google to see if there was a hotfix for this problem. My initial search results said that I should download Kaspersky's TDSSKiller and an Rkill program and run both of those, which I did, but they didn't seem to find anything relevant to a happili rootkit, and the problem persisted. After the usage of these programs, the number of site redirects actually increased rather than decreased, so I deleted them.

Symptoms:
Using a google search engine, I will sometimes be redirected from the desired link to this link: <www.happili.com/bc_runs/innerxy.php?q=whatever+i+searched+for+here&xy=10539>
This redirect does not occur 100% of the time, and is in fact quite rare, but it presents itself as a security risk so I want to get rid of it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Djattou

Djattou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Nevermind, the problem has been resolved. I just deleted firefox and reinstalled to get rid of the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users