Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Settings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doctorreddy28

doctorreddy28

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:54 AM

Hi,
My desktop screen has moved to the right and theres ahuge blank on the left.I tried the settings option from the desktop properties.It doesnt help. the icons on the desktop go into either undersize or oversize than the desirable once i change the resolution.i want the blank space to disappear and still have my own icon size on the desktop. can anyone help please?
with regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:01 AM

Did you try adjusting the monitor's own settings to move the screen back to the left?

Edited by Enthusiast, 22 February 2006 - 05:02 AM.

#3 doctorreddy28

doctorreddy28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:49 PM

Did you try adjusting the monitor's own settings to move the screen back to the left?

thanks for the reply.well i am not sure how to do it.please clarify.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

Monitors have buttons to setup the screen. I use the same monitors for a number of computers, and each different video card setup requires an adjustment. There should be buttons on the front of the monitor that will bring up the settings dialog: maybe a couple of small buttons with arrows or some other inscriptions on them.

Once you bring up the monitor's settings dialog, you can page through the settings until you get the one you want. They will be pictographs of the screen being centered to the right or left, or up or down, or moving the bulges on the sides or correcting trapezoidal problems. You can widen the screen or make it taller or shorter, etc. You'll have to experiment a bit with your particular monitor.

The one I use at this desk has a large moon-shaped button that you push, then make adjustements with the wheel hidden directly beneath it. But most monitors simply have a row of buttons on the front.

#5 doctorreddy28

doctorreddy28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:10 AM

Monitors have buttons to setup the screen. I use the same monitors for a number of computers, and each different video card setup requires an adjustment. There should be buttons on the front of the monitor that will bring up the settings dialog: maybe a couple of small buttons with arrows or some other inscriptions on them.

Once you bring up the monitor's settings dialog, you can page through the settings until you get the one you want. They will be pictographs of the screen being centered to the right or left, or up or down, or moving the bulges on the sides or correcting trapezoidal problems. You can widen the screen or make it taller or shorter, etc. You'll have to experiment a bit with your particular monitor.

The one I use at this desk has a large moon-shaped button that you push, then make adjustements with the wheel hidden directly beneath it. But most monitors simply have a row of buttons on the front.

Thanks a lot herk.my problem is solved.I too have the same moon shaped button on my monitor.my desktop is in its usual center.I am relieved.thanks once again.

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:41 PM

My pleasure. Glad you figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users