Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usa Starting China Civil War? Or Ww3?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:21 PM

From what I've ben able to gather about the censoring of content in China and the USA government trying to make the companies (Yahoo, Cisco, Microsoft and Google) from filtering there content. I think we might unintentionally or maybe our goverment is planning this, a revolt or civil war in China.

We could possibly through China into a Civil war for control of itself with all the freedom and censoring. Just think about it, all needs to happen is, a few p/oed Chinese and some ammunation or weapons and we would have a revolt or a civil war in China. But realistically whats the chances of that? ;)

Or could we spark a WW3 from this. Eh I know this is a little extreme, however, with the USA currently in conflict in the Middle East with a billion reasons, and now China. If we p!ss off any more people enough we could end up in a middle of war... :thumbsup:

I'd like to see a time machine and see what the world looks like 10 years...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:47 AM

Chinese citizens do not have the right to bear arms, so the only group able to make a forceful change in the government is the military which hitherto seems to be loyal enough to the ruling clique to massacre students. It seems more likely that, as the Chinese become economically and scientifically Westernised, the rulers will gradually be forced to permit a more free society, just as they have recently repudiated Mao and his gang.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:41 AM

It seems more likely that, as the Chinese become economically and scientifically Westernised, the rulers will gradually be forced to permit a more free society, just as they have recently repudiated Mao and his gang.

Let's hope so John, let's hope so.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:38 AM

Nah, to quote our venerable Moderator phawgg "Time machines are screwy". :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 afterhours

afterhours

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:44 AM

I think I'm more worried about North Korea right now
~VAIO~

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Nah, to quote our venerable Moderator phawgg "Time machines are screwy". :thumbsup:

Intersting... :flowers: Maybe he has the old version. He should get the latest version. :trumpet:

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

He will have to wait a while, Yano, it's still in Beta.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

He will have to wait a while, Yano, it's still in Beta.
John

And a Phawggy beta at that.... :thumbsup:

Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

Are we trying to start a war in China. No. What is the US government doing? Its easy they are trying to make the most money off of China while trying to remain respectable to the eyes to the rest of the westernized world. Human rights activists would say something about this if the government didnt at least look at Internet Censorship in China. This is only a half hearted look at this issue to clam the masses

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users