Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving Data to My 16 GB Thumb Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SonofBaraka

SonofBaraka

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

I want to copy my Downloads and Documents to the thumb drive, but clicking on copy and paste isn't doing it. Nor did dragging the folder. I just can't drag or copy the individual files - I have over a hundred downloads, for example. There must be an easy way to do this. Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

Put your thumb drive into the USB socket on your PC and let it load. Go to the file you want to transfer and right click on it and highlight the "Send To" option and in the menu that appears left click on the thumb drive option which will usually be designated by the make of drive eg "Kingston" and a Letter eg "F". Hope this helps.

Edited by bluesjunior, 07 April 2012 - 05:03 AM.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users