Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop freezing and BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 escesc579

escesc579

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

yesterday i started to notice it going very slow and took a while just 2 refresh so i deiced to do a a clean install of windows 7 but didn't have the chance yesterday and so today i opened my laptop surfed the web and all of a sudden the screen went crazy like it broke lines of red green going across the lcd and slowly turning white so i turned it off and i turned it back on and so the screen was black and the caps lock led and the number lock led where flashing and so i turned it off took out the battery and keeps pressing the power button and so i turned it on and it worked and so after 15 min i got blue screen of death and the same thing happened but the screen didn't go crazy just blue screen of death and i repeated the battery thing and worked again and now i don't know what to do it looks like a hardware problem is my gpu or CPU going bad or what because the thing that happened with the LCD i making me thing this is a hardware issue my laptop never overheats and i mean never i have never heard the fan going fast and i take it all apart like every 6 months and cleans the fan and repute thermal paste on the CPU and gpu i am very technical experienced my laptop model is hp palilion dv4 1430-us out of warranty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Hi -
I understand, from the way you posted this, it must have been done on your phone (it is one long string, and very hard to understand)
When you post, please try to leave a few gaps (like sentances) or like I am by posting on several lines to keep it readable -

Now - Can you access Safe Mode on the problem unit or have you not attempted that yet ??

Please try for Safe Mode with Networking first, and post back if you can / can't do this or if you do not know how to do this -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users