Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If my request isn't addressed after a while, is there something I should do, or should I continue to be patient?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kaljinyu

Kaljinyu

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

At the top of every thread in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs, it sayeth...

Unfortunately, with the amount of logs we receive per day, the average response time is 5 days. I want to assure you, though, that your topic will be looked at and responded to. So please be patient.

My guess is, unresponded to requests go to the top of the to-do list, and stay there until handled. So it's important that I don't bump it or I'll lose my spot in line. But it's officially been 5 days, is it wrong of me to suspect that maybe something went wrong with the way I made my thread, and somehow it got missed or something? I don't think my log has been looked at yet, those three listed downloads were me clicking on it.

Now, some people might respond with "5 days is the AVERAGE, not the MAXIMUM. So just hang tight." And that's true, and I don't wanna sound like a child, but... the other kids got responses to THEIR threads, like, the next day! And it looks like MOST kids. :( But that's just speculation. It still doesn't take away from the fact that 5 days is the average based on what I'm told.

If something was wrong with the way I made my thread or something, I'd probably be notified or the thread would be locked and I'd have to re-make it properly or something, right? Of course. It's just that I'm new around here, and newbies can never be too sure.

It might also be because I can no longer edit the opening post, and SO MUCH has happened over the last 5 days, and I wanna report this stuff somehow, but my hands are tied, can't run ComboFix or anything, can't report what's happening or update or anything, with all this happening, it's easy for me to get paranoid, sorry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Thank you for your patience. I just checked the open log queue and your log should be addressed imminently. If you do not have a reply within 24 hours send me a PM and I will address it.

Again, your patience is appreciated. :thumbup2:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Kaljinyu

Kaljinyu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Alrightee then, good luck to the trained experts who make up this forum, this is a tough one, and in a lot of cases they suggested you just reinstall Windows. But I've seen it fixed before, I believe it can be done! :clapping:

#4 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thank you for being paitent my friend,i do hope a solution is had straight away :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users