Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 123iamanewbie

123iamanewbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hie. I've just recently purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop,running on Win 7 Basic and i got my first BSOD this morning. I've looked at the events log, and am trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the prob, but I have no idea how to figure this out from the events log.I've posted the error log below:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 4/6/2012 5:00:41 AM
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: *******
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-04-06T03:00:41.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>544</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>*******</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

Hi -
To give us a slightly better look at this problem, please follow these directions below -

Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file)
  • Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
  • Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users