Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless connection woes (toshiba)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Hello all, I am having issues with a friends wireless connection on her laptop. It is a Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5106, the wireless adapter is "rtl8188ce", I believe it to be an "N" adapter. Her modem/router is a "hotspot", can't remember the model number off hand but will supply them in a day or so.. Problem: Toshiba sees the wireless connection, and will connect after the security key is entered. But if she takes laptop to work, and connects there, then when she gets home she can not reconnect to her home wireless router again.. I have rebooted the router/laptop, I have deleted the connection, and rebooted laptop, and then reset-up her wireless connection again w/password, and still not connection. Then just when I'm about to tear laptop in two, it connects, only to do the same thing again next day. It seems that it won't hold that connection, but it is still there under "manage wireless connections" The laptop runs Windows 7 HP 64 bit, every other laptop they have in the house runs XP, and has no issues connecting. I went to realtec/k ?? and checked to make sure I had the latest drivers for adapter, and still same issue persists. I called Toshiba...JOKE!! for support, and called the ISP, of course they said they see this all the time with Toshibas, but could not help me over the phone. Now my girlfriend and I both have Toshibas and have never had any issues, and we take ours everywhere and connect seemlessly.

Thanks,
Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Her modem/router is a "hotspot",

I think you mean as an access point. What router/modem model? Under manage wireless connection(Network profile) includes the home network's SSID, password and settings which automatically connect should be ticked under Properties. Hotspots for home network is usually a computer with wifi adapter, software or ad hoc and internet connection sharing wireless to another computer.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users