Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re-install on W7 on New Hardrive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hello its been a while since I came back here...:(

Im helping a someone with their computer. The problem is that they have no copy of back ups for W7
nor I have a OEM copy of W7.

The product key is valid, but I need a the .iso file's so I can reinstall on new hard drive.

I need W7 64 bit. Have a link?

I have been downloading from a couple places, I am surprised that W7 wants to charge us for it.

Thank-you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi -
Please list the Make and Model of the computer (Dell / HP / Toshiba / Etc + model) -

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Although there are valid links for legal downloads of Win 7 by students and others who purchase the license online...there are no legal downloads of Win 7 for the average user.

Some illegal downloads carry the obvious threat of malware included as part of the package

Microsoft responds to Windows 7 student upgrade SNAFU with direct ISO download - http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2009/10/28/direct-download-ISO-dvd-for-windows-7-student-upgrade/

Are Digital River's download links illegal for use by people not - Microsoft Answers - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/are-digital-rivers-download-links-illegal-for-use/9a121cdc-6c23-481a-bd5c-2753f2578423

Louis

#4 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

I see.

Well here is the make & model of Laptop

Emachines E725

#5 Akthalian

Akthalian

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

For eMachines, I would start at this site, which will allow you to enter your serial number and then submit an order for the discs.

http://us-store.emachines.com/rcd/
A+ Certified Support Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users