Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:36 PM
I don't know where to begin. First, I haven't added any new hardware or software prior to the problems happening. Here's what I observed, and what I have done so far below
What I have observed:
1. FF v 8.0.1 started crashing for no reason, both regularly, and in FF's safe mode w/all add-ons disabled. All I was doing was reading text. No downloading, no music listening, no web videos etc. Just reading text. I've never had these crashes either.
2. KAV v. 126.96.36.1996 a,b will suddenly turn off, OR generate a "previous application launch failure error" The little MS XP Windows shield will appear in the lower right of the sys tray, and will indicate KAV is turned off, EVEN though the KAV icon is clearly "on".
3. Lately, I get the BSOD which are physical memory dumps
4. Superantispyware (latest free version)- gets an "unexpected error" and is forced to quit. I've never had this happen before.
What I have done:
1. KAV has detected no viruses or malware
2. I ran CC Cleaner, deleted things, and the problems continued.
3. Spybot detects nothing
4. Malwarebytes detects nothing
5. Superanti-spyware detected 400 adware.cookies(tracking cookies) before it crashes, and I can't get it to delete them because when it crashes, I have to restart
6. My computer has 1 drive, it's partitioned into 2 parts.
C drive (OS) is 48.8gigs in size, 39% free, 9% total fragmentation, 19% file fragmentation
D partition is 231 gigs in size, 10% free space, 4% total frag. 9% file frag
Any ideas where to begin?? I don't think the problem is fragmentation as I have been this high before without a problem.
I have to keep this computer running, before I build a new one.
I don't know if I'm infected or not. If a HiJack This log file is needed, let me know. I ran one of those just in case too.
Thanks in advance!