Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Memory Dumps/Software Crashing- Clueless

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 viper69

viper69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

I don't know where to begin. First, I haven't added any new hardware or software prior to the problems happening. Here's what I observed, and what I have done so far below

What I have observed:

1. FF v 8.0.1 started crashing for no reason, both regularly, and in FF's safe mode w/all add-ons disabled. All I was doing was reading text. No downloading, no music listening, no web videos etc. Just reading text. I've never had these crashes either.

2. KAV v. 11.0.2.556 a,b will suddenly turn off, OR generate a "previous application launch failure error" The little MS XP Windows shield will appear in the lower right of the sys tray, and will indicate KAV is turned off, EVEN though the KAV icon is clearly "on".

3. Lately, I get the BSOD which are physical memory dumps

4. Superantispyware (latest free version)- gets an "unexpected error" and is forced to quit. I've never had this happen before.

What I have done:

1. KAV has detected no viruses or malware
2. I ran CC Cleaner, deleted things, and the problems continued.
3. Spybot detects nothing
4. Malwarebytes detects nothing
5. Superanti-spyware detected 400 adware.cookies(tracking cookies) before it crashes, and I can't get it to delete them because when it crashes, I have to restart

6. My computer has 1 drive, it's partitioned into 2 parts.
C drive (OS) is 48.8gigs in size, 39% free, 9% total fragmentation, 19% file fragmentation

D partition is 231 gigs in size, 10% free space, 4% total frag. 9% file frag

Any ideas where to begin?? I don't think the problem is fragmentation as I have been this high before without a problem.

I have to keep this computer running, before I build a new one.

I don't know if I'm infected or not. If a HiJack This log file is needed, let me know. I ran one of those just in case too.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users