Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook showing errors then closing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NickoDaSticko

NickoDaSticko

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

My Dad bought an iPhone and of course, not being technologically intelligent, expected me to set it all up for him. I did so, but along the way I encountered an error when syncing his email etc with Outlook. He's on an @nhs.net email address as he's a doctor, and cached mode has to be enabled to get NHSmail. When I got an error saying that the Outlook Sync Client had stopped working and had to close, I searched online for solutions. The one that I found told me to turn off cached browsing, so I did, not knowing that it had to be turned on for the NHSmail to work. Then Outlook started displaying more errors, the first of which read "Your Exchange Server administrator has blocked the version of Outlook that you are using. Contact your administrator for assistance." I pressed OK to this, and then another came up, saying "Unable to open your default e-mail folders." then the exact message from the first error. After pressing OK to the second error, Outlook automatically closes.

I think I'm looking for a way to turn cached mode back on, but because I get the errors as soon as Outlook opens, and as soon as I press OK to those errors Outlook automatically closes, I'm not able to go into the settings to turn cached mode back on, which is a big problem. I've looked into reinstalling Outlook, but it isn't in the programs list, which makes that option not feasible. Any other suggestions?

Nick

(NickoDaSticko)

Malware Study Hall Junior

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

You can do so by using the Mail Control Panel and turn Cache Mode on again.

#3 NickoDaSticko

NickoDaSticko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

How do I get to the mail control panel? Does it involve opening outlook itself as if so it wont work because after OKing the errors outlook automatically closes itself.

Nick

(NickoDaSticko)

#4 NickoDaSticko

NickoDaSticko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Sorted it now, thanks a lot :)

Nick

(NickoDaSticko)

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Im sorry I wasn't that descriptive in the process to get to the control panel mail section.

What was the resolution?

#6 NickoDaSticko

NickoDaSticko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

It's fine. I did a google search for more information on how to open it and once I'd opened it I just turned cached mode back on in reverse from how I turned it off, and that seemed to work :)

Nick

(NickoDaSticko)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users