Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 3141592ab

3141592ab

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

When I try to open any internet browser, my laptop won't fully connect to the wireless internet point. The connection is fine on four other computers. My laptop is a Toshiba satellite c655-S5221. I used to have 3rd party firewalls but have since removed them from my system. Part of the problem might be that I did some registry editing before the problem started to remove one of the programs. I saved a backup but the computer refuses to accept the new registry. Any ideas or other needed information?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Part of the problem might be that I did some registry editing before the problem started to remove one of the programs

Hello and Welcome to BC -

Do you know what registry editing you have already done ??

First click on the Start Orb > go to Accessories > Right click on Command prompt Use Method 1 Described Hereand select Run as Admin > Type sfc /scannow (do not miss the space between c and / >>
Click Enter > If you are asked to restart, click OK and Reboot the computer

You should not need any CDs or DVDs to run as the main files should still be in memory (just a bit "mixed up") -

Thank You -
When finished Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
•Make sure the following options are checked:
  • Internet Services
  • Windows Firewall
  • System Restore
  • Security Center
  • Windows Update
  • Windows Defender
•Press "Scan".
•It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
•Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Regards -

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Please define "some registry editing". EXACTLY what did you do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users