Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me Find A Better Web Cam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ghead

ghead

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

Well I wanted to start trying yahoo messenger and do the phonecall video thing with some out of state friends so I got a webcam from bestbuy the "creative weblabs ultra" it was a hundred bucks. I was willing to pay that much cause I thought the face tracking thing would make the cam follow you around the room, not so, it works totally different and not very well and definitley not worth a hundred bucks. The image was really grainy too and I probably hated that more. Also if I took a snapshot photo with it, everything was so grainy you could barley even make out my face from 2 feet away.

So here's my question, is there a webcam under $100 from either bestbuy, cuircut city, radioshack, etc... anywhere but online. That sells a cam that won't have grainy video and fussy images. And something were the wieght of the USB cord won't take it off my desk or make it hard to tilt and pan the camera.

Bty can you use a digital camera or camcorder as a webcam?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael Giacchetti

Michael Giacchetti

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:55 AM

Hmmm. nice price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users