Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mapping XP Machine to Win 7 Share

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nunbet1037

Nunbet1037

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Greetings All!

I've been going round and round trying to resolve this problem with no success. We have a small business using a PC as a server. The "Server" and all the PCs except one (the accounting machine) are running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). All machines (including XP) are using the same workgroup name: WORKGROUP. The problem I'm having is that the XP machine can neither see the Workgroup, nor can I map the machine to the Shared folder on the Win 7 machine. I've been through all the set up scenarios from Microsoft but without success. I know there's handshaking going on because the Win7 Server can see and access the shared directories on the XP machine. It just doesn't work the other way.

Thoughts?

Richard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Hi -
•How to install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7
This BC tutorial may just be the one that you are looking for to make your Windows7 match your XP computers -

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users