Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alisamidad

alisamidad

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

had some computer issues about two weeks ago. Whatever it was blocked my internet connection, disabled my firewall and virus protection, erased all my system restore points, etc. , etc.
A funny process was running on the task manager: 2g9oda1col.exe
took the machine in and had it "cleaned". basically they backed up my dated and wiped it, reloaded windows. The file is still there.

What in SamHill is it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hello, the best way to find what it is,is to post a DDS log.

Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 alisamidad

alisamidad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thanks. I took it back and they used some utility to clean it. And then, when it was still there, they manually went and deleted it in numerous places, one being the back up file they made for my data. I was just wondering what it could be, and if it was the culprit for all my woes.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

hard to say with out seeing it. Whoever 'they' were knew as they took it out. So they knew what it was and can be removed. I would guess as it was an exe.. it was some sort of info collector.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users