Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sea tools for windows results

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I am helping a neighbor with his laptop; I have attempted to run current/previous versions of Sea tools for dos, and it fails. So I've attempted to run the Windows version. On the short test it fails withing 20-30 seconds, upon running the long test it hangs at 1:55 time, and then nothing is responsive on the entire system.. Should I assume that the drive is toast, or at the very least on it's way out. The short test failure code is: ADAE9CE2.. I can't not find what that means anywhere.
Thanks for any assistance!!!
Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi, Have you backed up any important Data from the Computer. That should be the first step.

Have you sent a request to Seagate to interpret that error code? That is what I would do if I were curious about it. Does the Seatools for DOS give that error code on the short test? The only definitive answer to your question as to what that error means is Seagate.

What Brand of Laptop? Some makes are putting memory & drive Diagnostics into their Laptops. Dell for example has a thorough suite of diagnostic tools. HP (Compaq too) seems to have either a Hard drive Diagnostics or Hard drive and Memory tests depending on the Age.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users