Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Shield virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steftownsend

steftownsend

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi any help getting rid of 'Security Shield' virus would be welcome. This is on our tower p.c. I've took it back to allow it to work as we couldn't access internet at all as it was.
I'm really eager to do this myself but new to all this :crazy:
Would appreciate any help available.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi

Follow the guide given here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-shield

Let me know if that worked

good luck

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Please copy or print these instructions so that you can refer back to them
Do not run any other prograns unless instructed, this includes CCleaner or other similar programs -

Hello -
Please click on the link to Security Shield virus for full instructions, or just follow these written instructions -

: Security Shield virus Full instructions and diagrams included

If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not installed on the infected computer.
In order for this to work, you will need a second PC which is not infected and a USB flash drive or blank CD and CD burner or some other means to transfer files from one computer to the other.

1.From your clean computer, download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from HERE

2.Once installed, open the folder where the program was installed (usually C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware)

3.Once there, right-click on the Chameleon folder and choose Copy

•If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is already installed on the infected computer.
In order for this to work, you must already have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.60 or later already installed on your infected PC.

1.Open the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware)

2.Once there, open the Chameleon folder

3.Next, double-click on iexplore.exe. This should result in a black DOS/command prompt window opening up.

4.Press any key to continue as it says in the window

5.Malwarebytes Chameleon will proceed to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, so ensure that you are connected to the internet if possible

6.Once the update completes and it says your database is updated, click on OK

7.Malwarebytes Chameleon will then terminate any threats running in memory, which may take a while, so please be patient

8.Upon completion, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will open automatically and perform a Quick scan

9.Once the scan is complete, click on Show Results and remove any threats that are found by clicking Remove Selected

10.If prompted to restart your computer to complete the removal process, click Yes

11.After your computer restarts, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform one last Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats

Please post back if you do not understand these instructions or if you require further help -

Thank You

#4 steftownsend

steftownsend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks guys I'll get back to you! Fingers crossed!! :busy:

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Hello again -

Just checking on your progress and do you need more directions with your problems -

Regards -

#6 steftownsend

steftownsend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for your info. I had to go away for a few days so I'll be looking at it tonight hopefully. I'll let you know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users