Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i am looking for a non-sticky mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Curious Mew

Curious Mew

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hi, i have been using a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 for a little over a year now, and the rubber grips along the sides have recently begun to make my hands feel sticky after awhile. Why is this? I have tried cleaning it using a couple different methods, but the problem keeps coming back over time.

I was wondering if someone could recommend a good mouse that does not have the same rubbery-like qualities? I am looking for something that is wireless, and is somewhat ergonomic to the left-handed user.

Edited by Curious Mew, 04 April 2012 - 09:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi, In your case I suggest going to a local store where you can try out the mouses feel. Mice and keyboards are one area where it is important put hands on it. Or you could do what I do and use the touchpad. Even my Wireless Keyboard/mouse combo is a laptop type keyboard with a touchpad.

Just for the heck of it, Have you tried complaining to Microsoft about the mouse? Maybe they had a bad batch.
Microsoft might make you happy with a different model. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Bad batches of things happen. I know Toshiba and HP both extended the warranty on some laptops for a year. And on the Random password being set Toshiba extended it longer.
The HP was video problems, The Toshiba L/Ts were for the DC in jack pushing in and the bios password problems. Both of those are now expired of course.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Curious Mew

Curious Mew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hi, In your case I suggest going to a local store where you can try out the mouses feel. Mice and keyboards are one area where it is important put hands on it. Or you could do what I do and use the touchpad. Even my Wireless Keyboard/mouse combo is a laptop type keyboard with a touchpad.

Just for the heck of it, Have you tried complaining to Microsoft about the mouse? Maybe they had a bad batch.
Microsoft might make you happy with a different model. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Bad batches of things happen. I know Toshiba and HP both extended the warranty on some laptops for a year. And on the Random password being set Toshiba extended it longer.
The HP was video problems, The Toshiba L/Ts were for the DC in jack pushing in and the bios password problems. Both of those are now expired of course.

Good Luck
Roger

wow, a wireless keyboard/mouse/touchpad combo? it sounds like a beast! i wish you could have told me the name of it.. you've got me curious!

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi, I may not have been clear. It is just a laptop size keyboard with a laptop touchpad mounted below it. I use it for regular things when I'm sitting in the recliner. The computer is hooked up to the HDTV as its monitor. For normal Internet browsing and things that is more than good enough. I also have a Logitech Wireless Mouse that I grab for use where a Mouse works better.

I keep a old record album next to the recliner and when I need the mouse I use the record as a mouse surface.

I like the small keyboard as I can hold it in one hand and use the other to type or use the touchpad for most things.

This one is the size and shape of what I use http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823191008
Since I don't recall what one I use at home & I'm away I can't be more specific.

This one is a bit fancier. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823653004

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 Curious Mew

Curious Mew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hi, I may not have been clear. It is just a laptop size keyboard with a laptop touchpad mounted below it. I use it for regular things when I'm sitting in the recliner. The computer is hooked up to the HDTV as its monitor. For normal Internet browsing and things that is more than good enough. I also have a Logitech Wireless Mouse that I grab for use where a Mouse works better.

I keep a old record album next to the recliner and when I need the mouse I use the record as a mouse surface.

I like the small keyboard as I can hold it in one hand and use the other to type or use the touchpad for most things.

This one is the size and shape of what I use http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823191008
Since I don't recall what one I use at home & I'm away I can't be more specific.

This one is a bit fancier. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823653004

Using the record album as a mouse pad is very devious!! :woot:

Ah, I see now. Yeah, the laptop I am using already has a keyboard/touchpad like those two, but that second keyboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823653004) is quite amazing! It's too bad they are not shipped like that in the first place!!

Thanks for sharing your ideas, I do appreciate them.

#6 rsarticles1

rsarticles1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

im hoping that with the combination of teflon feet, and a very slick teflon coated pan should do the trick.a wireless mouse helps in this matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users