Excellent, okay, here's the final instructionsYou're clean. Good stuff! Let's do some clearing up
If you used DeFogger now is the time to enable your CD emulation software again.Uninstall ComboFix
Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
- Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
(For Vista/Windows 7 please click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Run)
- Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between "Combofix" and "/")
- Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
- You will then receive a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.
This will uninstall Combofix and anything associated with it.We Need to Clean Up our MessDownload and Run OTC
We will now remove the tools we used during this fix using OTC
- Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
- Double click icon to start the program. If you are using Vista, please right-click and choose run as administrator
- Then Click the big button.
- You will get a prompt saying "Being Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
If you still have any tools or logs leftover on your computer you can go ahead and delete those off of your computer now.Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "Jdk 6 Update 31 (JDK or JRE)".
- Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows".
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
and remove all
older versions of Java.
-- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u31-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.
-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe)
adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service
if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck
the box for Java Quick Starter
. Click Ok and reboot your computer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Here's some advice on how you can keep your PC cleanUse and update your AntiVirus Software
You must have a good antivirus. There are plenty to choose from but I personally recommend the free options of Avast and Avira Antivir - though if you choose Avira you should make sure that you uncheck the box offering to install the Ask toolbar. If you want to purchase a security program then I recommend any of the following: AVG, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky and ESET Nod32.
It is imperative that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out. If you use a commercial antivirus program you must make sure you keep renewing your subscription. Otherwise, once your subscription runs out, you may not be able to update the programs virus definitions.Make sure your applications have all of their updates
Use this next program to check for updates for programs already on your system. Download Security Check by screen317 from here
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically, make sure that updates on any that are flagged are carried out as soon as possible
It is also possible for other programs on your computer to have security vulnerability that can allow malware to infect you. Therefore, it is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities. You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector
and Calendar of Updates.Install an AntiSpyware Program
A highly recommended AntiSpyware program is SuperAntiSpyware
. You can download the free Home Version. or the Pro version for a 15 day trial period.
Installing this or another recommended program will provide spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should scan your computer with an AntiSpyware program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software.
Finally, here's a treasure trove of antivirus, antimalware and antispyware resources
That's it walltron3030, happy surfing!
Edited by m0le, 19 April 2012 - 07:24 PM.