Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving In Excel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

I use a template I have made in Excel every week that I open as a copy, add my numbers, then would like to “Save as…..”. Excel only lets me “Save” then I have to rename it.

Is there a way to “Save as” in Excel in the same way as Word?

Thanks,
Randall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 randyrayd

randyrayd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

I swear I am not losing my mind, but the “save as” option now appears when I click on file. It wasn’t and hasn't been there for the last four times I have used this worksheet.

I discovered that if I right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet I was working on, then I would get the “save as” option. Now I get it on the File command also.

I’m not sure why/how, but this is solved now.

Sorry for the any inconvenience.

Randall

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

That is caused by the little blue people. Sometimes they take your pen, glasses or cup of coffee for a while. At least they always put it back. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 randyrayd

randyrayd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:53 AM

Generally after posting on a tech board about a problem the no longer exists?

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

Its like having a pain and going to the doctor. You get there and you feel perfect.

#6 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

Its like having a pain and going to the doctor. You get there and you feel perfect.

Same thing with the little noise in the car and you go to the garage and the noise is gone :thumbsup:

There's a setting in Excel about how menus are displayed. The default uses somebody's idea of frequency of use. Once you use a command, it gets on the menu, but might get forgotten. We should ask Bill Gates how are users to know that what's invisible actually exists.

In any case: Tools > Customise > Options here UNCHECK "Menus show recently used commands first" to see them all. I think the same can be done in Word.

#7 randyrayd

randyrayd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:44 AM

Thank you tos226. Now it makes a little more sense as to why "save as" appeared on the "file" menu after I it was used on the worksheet window.

I appreciate all of your help.

Randall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users