Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do I make this trick work?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 tonyb1968

tonyb1968

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I ran across this a few weeks ago on youtube and cannot seem to make it work. What am I missing?

"Hi there. I'm going to teach you how to make a message box. All you need is Notepad. If you have any comments, feel free to post them. Just start learning and have fun!
First, open Notepad and type this:

x=msgbox(box text,buttons,box title)

On the part where it says "box text", type the text you want on the window (with quotation marks). On the "box title", type the title of the message box the same way you typed the text. On "buttons" type a number (without quotation marks):

0: Normal message box
1: OK and Cancel
2: Abort, Retry, Ignore
3: Yes, No, Cancel
4: Yes and No
5: Retry and Cancel
16: Critical message icon
32: Warning query icon
48: Warning message icon
64: Information message icon
4096: Always stay on top of the desktop
When you're done, save it as a VBS(or VBScript)file. To do this, type ".vbs" at the end of the title and change the "Text Document (*txt)" in the "Save as type" select box to "All Files" .

Example: File name: Fake_Virus.vbs
Save as type: All Files"

Oh, and I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home Professional on a Acer Aspire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Not much too it.. just a vbscript file...

x=msgbox("You are so infected",32,"Fake Virus 2012")

Go to your folder options and make sure you aren't hiding extensions of known file types. Then just make sure it has the vbs extension.

This isn't very nice btw!! :P
Posted Image

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I closed this topic as I (We)deal with 40 to 50 of the Fake Virus' a day that are real... I don't need to waste time loking at peoples PC's with JOKE infections.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users