Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Iceman244

Iceman244

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

Hi There

I have tried to configure a new email address into outlook express but I have an error message come up when i try to send from it.

First of all can you configure any web based email address into outlook.

I would like to say from the start my knowledge is not that great so go easy on me ok.

I have pasted the error message below.

The host 'SMPT' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMPT', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host '(smpt)' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: '(pop.wanadoo.co.uk)', Server: '(smpt)', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Also how do i add new email addresses into outlook.

Cheers

Ice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Michael Giacchetti

Michael Giacchetti

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:07 AM

How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express

What email provider are you trying to set up?

First of all can you configure any web based email address into outlook.

No, xxx@yahoo.com will not work.

Edited by Michael Giacchetti, 22 February 2006 - 02:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users