Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to BC!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tonyb1968

tonyb1968

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

My name is Tony and I am a 43 year-old adult IT student with an interest in Information Security. This forum seemed as if it would be the perfect place to hang out and increase my knowledge by speaking with persons interested in all fields of computers. I am located in Southeast Kansas which is not particularly well-known for being technically advanced and no one in my home actually knows much about computers so I crave communication with persons of similar interest. Here I can get a better understanding of the coursework that I study on a daily basis in my online classes. This will be sort of a "study hall" environment for me.
I have had an interest in computers since my first machine: a Commodore 64. I am by no means a computer expert, but not quite a noob either. I will help where I can but will probably ask a lot of questions and I am known for long posts. Bear with me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Ask away!
Thanks for joining and welcome to BC.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 tonyb1968

tonyb1968
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks, jgweed !
I posted a question in "Tips and Tricks" about making a message box in notepad. It would make a great, harmless prank. My wife would probably shoot me for sending her one. I also have an interest in using remote shutdown via the command prompt to shut down another computer on my network. I cannot seem to make it work, either. It may seem a little too much like hacking to be openly posted so I am not sure I will ask.
To further my studies in Security, I need to develop a good understanding of how attacks work and are carried out. Any information of this type will be very helpful to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users