Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer boot but no screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shr3k

shr3k

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hey guys, first time poster.

So here's my issue. A week ago, I shut down my computer before goin to bed, turned my monitor off and passed out. 

The next morning, I turn on my monitor and notice my computer is still saying "shutting down..."

I decide to crash my computer because it seems to be stuck on the screen. Only now it won't display anything on the monitor. After a geek squad diagnosis and a friend coming over who's a comp expert, we determine it's not the GPU but probably the mobo.

I was using an ASUS P55d delux and downgraded to an ASUS P55 LX. after that, all was good. 

About a week later I was playing skyrim and it crashed I tried to close it using task manager and TaskManager crashed so I tried force restarting my computer and my computer seem to do the same thing it did before it would sit there and say shutting down but make zero progress. Reluctantly i waited 24 hours before touching it. 

It still made no progress so I force crashed it. Now I'm back to square one with a brand-new motherboard and no display on my monitor. 

I know that neither of my motherboards could possibly be completely ruined because I crashed my computer there has to be a fix for this. I did CMOS restart for my new motherboard which seem to work the first time and gave me my display back but this time it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not sure what to do...

I have had this computer with no hardware upgrades for almost a year with no problems. 

ASUS P55D Delux > ASUS P55 LX
nVidia GeForce GTX 570
Windows 7
12 gigs of ram
i5 quad core over clocked to 3.9 ghz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

No display as in No signal or complete blackscreen? Do you see a HD booting led light activity and fans running?

Tekken

#3 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Any beep codes?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users