Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help with MS explorer.exe problems!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

**Before we start. This is a work PC so I can not do a fresh reinstall of the OS. I know that would be most peoples solution. I知 looking for a non-Nuke & Reboot option.
My Acer Aspire 5738Z Win7 64X -4G Ram plugged into a Samsung SyncMaster T220- has been experiencing odd problems for several month & I think it has to do with a bad windows explorer.exe problem. I知 not talking about Internet explorer but the explorer.exe in the OS of Win7. Here are a list of my issues & the error windows I知 seeing.
-The laptop seems to take a very long time to boot up. Approx 6 mins until the process light stops rapid flashing.
-The delay seems to be after I enter the password. The screen goes black except for the cursor for several mins.
-While the screen is black the process light stops & you think the PC died & won稚 boot up then about 1 2 mins of total dead time the circle 菟rocessing icon comes on & the desktop appears.
(1)Once booted up many times I was missing a lot of my icon on the bottom right corner. Each time I reboot some would randomly appear & some would be missing.
(2)If I right-clicked on any blank space on the desktop the Processing circle icon would appear & never stop. It would cause explorer.exe to crash. I would go into Task manager & re-launch it. But it would be flaky. The problem is sometimes after I do this I can double click a desktop Icon & it won稚 launch. If I put the cursor over it the icon it gets highlighted but when I double click, nothing. The same is true if I try to select 田omputer or 鼎ontrol Panel or anything else in the startup area.
(3) I can稚 close some of the programs running in the processes in Task manager. I値l open task manager see a program I want to close. I hit End Process & nothing happens. I hit End Process tree & nothing happens. Sometimes like recently with explorer.exe two of the same programs are running & I try to close them & can稚. What would make it so you can稚 kill a process in Task Manger?
(4) -Screensaver is no longer coming on.

Now I did find out something interesting. When I unplugged everything & shut down the PC then rebooted with just the power connected some of the issue were cured. So far items above 1 thru 4 have been fixed if I boot up without the monitor hooked up. After fully booted I can connect to the monitor & those issue are gone. What would be causing that?

I still have some issues that were not solved by that Booting without monitor trick.

(A)If I right click on an open space on desktop. I get a window to pop up If I hit 都creen resolution or 菟ersonalize I get a explorer.exe error window.
(B)If I save a jpg or other file to my desktop & many times to a folder the file will not appear in the destination folder or desktop until I do a refresh of the desktop or I move out of then back to the folder & then the new saved files appear. I think that is an exploere.exe issue.
©Windows Media Player ver.12.0.7 Crashes anytime I try to open a video. I get a 哲o such interface supported error window. I致e tried opening, WMV-MPG-AVI etc.. all get the same error.
(D) Here is something annoying but I think is important. When I try to shut down, the PC freezes either at the 銑ogging Off or 鉄hutting Down stage. If it gets to the Shutting Down stage you can see the processing light working hard. Then it stops but the screen never goes off. I致e let it sit there in the shutting down stage for an hour with no luck. It definitely seems to maybe be an issue during the system startup that also causes problems during shut down.

I知 not sure what is causing the issue 1-4 & A-D but here is what I致e done to try & fix it & other than not connecting the monitor nothing has helped.
---
-I ran a malwarebytes scan, a SuperAntiSpyware scan, & an Avast scan. I do not think malware or viruses are the issue.
-I致e Booted into Safe mode several times.
-I致e booted so only 都ystem services would startup. The PC booted up & shut down but once I choose important services & startup program then did the reboot I had the same trouble again.
-My Brother did a CMD, command that was to scan the system files for errors & it found nothing.
-I can not reboot to the last good restart point because this problem has been occurring for months. It痴 just now gotten so annoying I need to do something about.
-If you think there is a way to reinstall explorer.exe maybe the will help.

I知 looking for any help I can get! Thanks!
================================
Acer Laptop-Pent.duo 2ghz- Win7pro x64 SP1- 4GB ram- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hello :hello: - A few basic steps first -
I assume that this computer already has Service Pack 1 installed (not mentioned) If not please visit http://windows.microsoft.com/windows7sp1

Might be a fix (from M/soft): The Explorer.exe process stops responding (hangs) when you use Windows Explorer
If you have a Windows Explorer shell extension that is developed by the Microsoft Foundation Class library (MFC). The shell extension is hosted in Windows Explorer.
However, the Explorer.exe process stops responding (hangs) when you open Windows Explorer.
This problem occurs because of a code defect in MFC.

A security update fixes this issue. To download the update, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=2051A0C1-C9B5-4B0A-A8F5-770A549FD78C)

For more information about this update, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Description of the security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package: July 28, 2009

Regards -

#3 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi,
In systems it says I have SP1 installed. I went to that ALT Security Update link. I download the file: vcredist_x64.exe. I figured my Laptop is X64 so that was the correct one to get. I downloaded & launched it. I'm not sure if it did anything. I "Run as Admin" then a window pops up asking if I want to allow the program to make changes to my computer. I say YES. It flashes a window & then it disappears in about 1 second. Does that sound right?

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

In systems it says I have SP1 installed.

Hi -
The above shows SP1 is installed and OK -
If you wish us to look further at this, please follow the directions below
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Thank You -
EDIT - What is the usual browser for this computer, and are all the computers on this system using the same browser ??

Edited by noknojon, 09 April 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#5 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I did the report you asked for & have the results listed below. To answer your question, I pretty much only use FF browser. I believe everyone else uses FF too. I'm very rarely on a network that can access other PC's. I'm a network of 1 most of the time.
-When I ran the MiniToolBox it would run for awhile & then look as if it was not moving forward. you could see the progress bar moving side to side. When I would click on the window of the app at the top is would say " Not responding". I would try to close it but couldn't. I even went into task manager & still couldn't end it. I rebooted. I did notice it created the result.exe file. I ran the program 3 times. The data below is from my 3rd running. Thanks!
============================================================================

MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 18-01-2012
Ran by john (administrator) on 09-04-2012 at 21:19:29
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================

========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet = Local Area Connection (Media disconnected)
Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter = Wireless Network Connection (Media disconnected)
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter = Wireless Network Connection 5 (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ROCCO-WIN7-X64
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : ibc1.ibcbiometrics.com
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : ibc1.ibcbiometrics.com

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 5:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #4
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 06-24-2C-6B-22-4A
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lan
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-24-2C-6B-22-4A

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : nyc.rr.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-16-97-C8-AB

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{6E022438-EB72-47B1-94E6-48D31DFE60DA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Tunnel adapter isatap.nyc.rr.com:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface {479F8C7C-D963-45B2-A9C1-3706BA78F058}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface {297D5FE7-608E-4380-97BF-A252914D91F7}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4
Server: UnKnown
Address: 127.0.0.1

Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again.

Ping request could not find host yahoo.com. Please check the name and try again.

Ping request could not find host bleepingcomputer.com. Please check the name and try again.

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
===========================================================================
Interface List
24...06 24 2c 6b 22 4a ......Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #4
23...00 24 2c 6b 22 4a ......Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter
10...00 1f 16 97 c8 ab ......Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet
1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
14...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
13...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
15...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
17...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
16...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4

IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
Persistent Routes:
None

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
If Metric Network Destination Gateway
1 306 ::1/128 On-link
1 306 ff00::/8 On-link
Persistent Routes:
None

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (04/09/2012 09:07:38 PM) (Source: System Restore) (User: )
Description: The scheduled restore point could not be created. Additional information: (0x81000101).

Error: (04/09/2012 09:07:38 PM) (Source: System Restore) (User: )
Description: Failed to create restore point (Process = C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe /d srrstr.dll,ExecuteScheduledSPPCreation; Description = Scheduled Checkpoint; Error = 0x81000101).

Error: (04/09/2012 08:54:15 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="&#x2a;",processorArchitecture="ia64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"1".
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="&#x2a;",processorArchitecture="ia64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0" could not be found.
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Error: (04/09/2012 08:54:07 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "assemblyIdentity1".Error in manifest or policy file "assemblyIdentity2" on line assemblyIdentity3.
The value "MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION.BUILD_NUMBER_MAJOR.BUILD_NUMBER_MINOR" of attribute "version" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

Error: (04/09/2012 08:51:11 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "1".Error in manifest or policy file "2" on line 3.
Multiple requestedPrivileges elements are not allowed in manifest.

Error: (04/09/2012 08:27:15 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )
Description: Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

Error: (04/09/2012 06:57:17 PM) (Source: QuickBooks) (User: )
Description: An unexpected error has occured in "Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0":
Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path \\192.168.1.25\Accounting\IBC.QBW

Error: (04/09/2012 01:24:13 PM) (Source: QuickBooks) (User: )
Description: An unexpected error has occured in "Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0":
StateMachineWorker Execution failure :Exeption: Could not find transition for request id=1

StateMachineWorker Execution failure :Exeption: Could not find transition for request id=1

System errors:
=============
Error: (04/09/2012 09:16:28 PM) (Source: TermService) (User: )
Description: The terminal server cannot register 'TERMSRV' Service Principal Name to be used for server authentication. The following error occured: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Error: (04/09/2012 09:16:17 PM) (Source: Disk) (User: )
Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

Error: (04/09/2012 09:16:03 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Windows Time service terminated with the following error:
%%1792

Error: (04/09/2012 09:16:03 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service) (User: LOCAL SERVICE)
Description: The time service encountered an error and was forced to shut down. The error was: 0x80070700: An attempt was made to logon, but the network logon service was not started.

Error: (04/09/2012 09:16:03 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Diagnostic Service Host service hung on starting.

Error: (04/09/2012 09:14:46 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error %%11004.

Error: (04/09/2012 09:14:44 PM) (Source: RemoteAccess) (User: )
Description: The currently configured authentication provider failed to load and initialize successfully. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.

Error: (04/09/2012 09:14:31 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Windows Time service terminated with the following error:
%%1792

Error: (04/09/2012 09:14:31 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service) (User: LOCAL SERVICE)
Description: The time service encountered an error and was forced to shut down. The error was: 0x80070700: An attempt was made to logon, but the network logon service was not started.

Error: (04/09/2012 09:13:06 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy) (User: john)
Description: The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain controller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would be generated once the machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has succesfully processed. If you do not see a success message for several hours, then contact your administrator.

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (04/09/2012 09:07:38 PM) (Source: System Restore)(User: )
Description: 0x81000101

Error: (04/09/2012 09:07:38 PM) (Source: System Restore)(User: )
Description: C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe /d srrstr.dll,ExecuteScheduledSPPCreationScheduled Checkpoint0x81000101

Error: (04/09/2012 08:54:15 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="&#x2a;",processorArchitecture="ia64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"c:\program files (x86)\innovative solutions\drivermax\DPInst\ia64\dpinst.exe

Error: (04/09/2012 08:54:07 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: assemblyIdentityversionMAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION.BUILD_NUMBER_MAJOR.BUILD_NUMBER_MINORc:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dllc:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll3

Error: (04/09/2012 08:51:11 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPluginBroker.exeC:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPluginBroker.exe2

Error: (04/09/2012 08:27:15 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2)(User: )
Description: http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cabA required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

Error: (04/09/2012 06:57:17 PM) (Source: QuickBooks)(User: )
Description: Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path \\192.168.1.25\Accounting\IBC.QBW

Error: (04/09/2012 01:24:13 PM) (Source: QuickBooks)(User: )
Description: Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0StateMachineWorker Execution failure :Exeption: Could not find transition for request id=1

Description: Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0StateMachineWorker Execution failure :Exeption: Could not find transition for request id=1

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

オTorrent (Version: 2.0.0)
7-Zip 9.15 (x64 edition) (Version: 9.15.00.0)
Acer Crystal Eye webcam Ver:1.1.74.216 (Version: 1.1.74.216)
Acrobat.com (Version: 2.0.0)
Acrobat.com (Version: 2.0.0.0)
Adobe AIR (Version: 1.5.3.9130)
Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX 64-bit (Version: 11.2.202.228)
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin 64-bit (Version: 11.2.202.228)
Adobe Reader X (10.1.2) (Version: 10.1.2)
Advanced SystemCare 4 (Version: 4.1.0)
Advertising Center (Version: 0.0.0.2)
Apple Application Support (Version: 2.1.7)
Apple Mobile Device Support (Version: 5.1.1.4)
Apple Software Update (Version: 2.1.3.127)
Atheros Driver Installation Program (Version: 8.0.0.171)
avast! Free Antivirus (Version: 6.0.1289.0)
BioStar 1.36 Client (Version: 1.36.0126)
BioStar VideoPhone (Version: 1.0.0)
Bonjour (Version: 3.0.0.10)
Brother MFL-Pro Suite MFC-7340 (Version: 1.0.1.0)
Camtasia Studio 7 (Version: 7.0.1)
CCleaner (Version: 3.11)
Chinese Simplified Fonts Support For Adobe Reader 9 (Version: 9.0.0)
D3DX10 (Version: 15.4.2368.0902)
Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB982726) 64-Bit Edition
Desktop Icon Position Saver (64-bit)
DivX Player (Version: 7.2.0)
DivX Plus DirectShow Filters
DivX Version Checker (Version: 7.1.0.9)
Dolphin Futures XPS Viewer version 1.1.0 (Version: 1.1.0)
DriverMax 6 (Version: 6.24.0.319)
FastStone Image Viewer 4.6 (Version: 4.6)
Feedback Tool (Version: 1.1.0)
Feedback Tool (Version: 1.2.0)
ffdshow [rev 2527] [2008-12-19] (Version: 1.0)
FileZilla Client 3.5.0 (Version: 3.5.0)
Freemake Video Converter version 3.0.2 (Version: 3.0.2)
Google Desktop (Version: 5.9.1005.12335)
Graboid Video 1.71 (Version: 1.71)
HandBrake 0.9.5 (Version: 0.9.5)
Hitachi LifeStudio 1.0.5.741 & Hitachi Backup 1.0.5.57 (Version: 1.0.5.741)
iCloud (Version: 1.1.0.40)
ImgBurn (Version: 2.5.1.0)
Intel PROSet Wireless
Intelョ Matrix Storage Manager
Intelョ PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Software (Version: 1.04.0000)
IObit Malware Fighter (Version: 1.0)
iTunes (Version: 10.6.1.7)
iWisoft Free Video Converter 1.2 (Version: 1.2)
Japanese Fonts Support For Adobe Reader 9 (Version: 9.0.0)
Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.0.7.1)
Java™ 6 Update 31 (Version: 6.0.310)
Junk Mail filter update (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Kayako Desktop
Korean Fonts Support For Adobe Reader 9 (Version: 9.0.0)
Launch Manager (Version: 3.0.02)
LiveZilla
LiveZilla (Version: 3.3.2.2)
LSI HDA Modem (Version: 2.1.94)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.60.1.1000 (Version: 1.60.1.1000)
Mesh Runtime (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Messenger Companion (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Version: 4.0.30319)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (Version: 4.0.30319)
Microsoft Application Error Reporting (Version: 12.0.6015.5000)
Microsoft IntelliPoint 8.1 (Version: 8.15.406.0)
Microsoft IntelliType Pro 8.1 (Version: 8.15.406.0)
Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Groove MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office InfoPath MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Office 32-bit Components 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Publisher MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Shared 32-bit MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2010 (Version: 14.0.6029.1000)
Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector 64-bit (Version: 14.0.5139.5001)
Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Provider for Windows Live Messenger 64-bit (Version: 14.0.5120.5000)
Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack (Version: 3.0.133.0)
Microsoft Silverlight (Version: 4.1.10111.0)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] (Version: 3.1.0000)
Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Core Components (x86) ENU (Version: 2.0.1578.0)
Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Provider Services (x86) ENU (Version: 2.0.1578.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x64 8.0.50727.4053 (Version: 8.0.50727.4053)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053 (Version: 8.0.50727.4053)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.59193)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - KB2467175 (Version: 8.0.51011)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (Version: 8.0.56336)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (Version: 8.0.61000)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - KB2467174 - x86 9.0.30729.5570 (Version: 9.0.30729.5570)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (Version: 9.0.30729)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Runtime
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Runtime (Version: 8.0.60940.0)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) (Version: 10.0.31119)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) (Version: 10.0.31124)
MobileMe Control Panel (Version: 3.1.8.0)
Mozilla Firefox 11.0 (x86 en-US) (Version: 11.0)
Mozilla Thunderbird 11.0.1 (x86 en-US) (Version: 11.0.1)
MSVCRT (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSVCRT_amd64 (Version: 15.4.2862.0708)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (Version: 4.20.9870.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (Version: 4.20.9876.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (Version: 4.20.9818.0)
Nero 9 Lite
Nero ControlCenter (Version: 9.0.0.1)
Nero Installer (Version: 4.4.9.0)
Nero Online Upgrade (Version: 1.3.0.0)
Nero StartSmart (Version: 9.4.31.100)
neroxml (Version: 1.0.0)
NirSoft BlueScreenView
Open record
OpenSSL 0.9.8d
Orbit Downloader
PaperPort Image Printer 64-bit (Version: 1.00.0000)
PhotoScape
QuickBooks (Version: 22.0.4008.2206)
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 12.0 (Version: 22.0.4008.2206)
QuickTime (Version: 7.71.80.42)
QuickVPN Client (Version: 1.4.2.1)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (Version: 6.0.1.6449)
Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader (Version: 6.0.6000.20113)
Rosetta Stone Version 3 (Version: 3.4.7.0)
Safari (Version: 5.34.52.7)
ScanSoft PaperPort 11 (Version: 11.2.0000)
Skype Click to Call (Version: 5.6.8442)
Skype 5.5 (Version: 5.5.124)
Smart Defrag 2 (Version: 2.2)
SmartSound Common Data (Version: 1.1.0)
SmartSound Quicktracks 5 (Version: 5.1.6)
SopCast 3.2.4 (Version: 3.2.4)
StreamTorrent 1.0
SUPERAntiSpyware (Version: 5.0.1134)
System Requirements Lab
System Requirements Lab for Intel (Version: 4.1.66.0)
TeamViewer 6 (Version: 6.0.10722)
ThumbLock Management (PCMU) (Version: 2.1.2)
TreeSize Free V2.5 (Version: 2.5)
TVAnts 1.0
TVUPlayer 2.5.0.1 (Version: 2.5.0.1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2473228) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2468871) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (KB2533523) (Version: 1)
Update for Microsoft Excel 2010 (KB2553439) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2494150)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553065)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553092)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553181) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553270) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553310) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553385) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2566458)
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2597091) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft OneNote 2010 (KB2553290) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Outlook 2010 (KB2553323) 64-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Outlook Social Connector (KB2583935)
VC80CRTRedist - 8.0.50727.6195 (Version: 1.2.0)
Veetle TV 0.9.16 (Version: 0.9.16)
VirtualCloneDrive
VLC media player 1.0.1 (Version: 1.0.1)
Windows Live Communications Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Essentials (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Essentials (Version: 15.4.3538.0513)
Windows Live Family Safety (Version: 15.4.3538.0513)
Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant (Version: 7.250.4232.0)
Windows Live Installer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Language Selector (Version: 15.4.3538.0513)
Windows Live Mail (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Messenger (Version: 15.4.3538.0513)
Windows Live Messenger Companion Core (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live MIME IFilter (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Movie Maker (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Common (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Photo Gallery (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live PIMT Platform (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live Remote Client (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Client Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live Remote Service Resources (Version: 15.4.5722.2)
Windows Live SOXE (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live SOXE Definitions (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Sync (Version: 14.0.8089.726)
Windows Live UX Platform (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack (Version: 15.4.3508.1109)
Windows Live Writer (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Live Writer Resources (Version: 15.4.3502.0922)
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series (Version: 9.00.2980)
Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin (Version: 1.0.0.8)
Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (Version: 2.6.4038.0)
Xmarks Thumbnails for IE (Version: 1.0.12)
Xvid 1.2.1 final uninstall (Version: 1.2)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 29%
Total physical RAM: 4024.93 MB
Available physical RAM: 2829.79 MB
Total Pagefile: 12072.97 MB
Available Pagefile: 10810.71 MB
Total Virtual: 4095.88 MB
Available Virtual: 3959.14 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:100.81 GB) (Free:9.34 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (ACER) (Fixed) (Total:120.35 GB) (Free:33.17 GB) NTFS
==================================================================================

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

The laptop seems to take a very long time to boot up. Approx 6 mins until the process light stops rapid flashing.

Although this is a longer than usual time, if it will boot cleanly after this I would not be too concerned -
Hi again -
A few basic flaws do show in the error logs with Quickbooks, so make sure that you save / backup all the entries in there -

Hosts content = Vacant ?? Reset Hosts file Here (M/soft Fixit), Click Run and follow any instructions -

Several times -- Error: (04/09/2012 08:54:15 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: ) Try This M/soft support -
This has shown in a few logs lately, so I am researching the full cause / problems it may cause -

IObit Malware Fighter (Version: 1.0) - This program will cause conflicts as you already have Malwarebytes and avast! installed - (Remove)
IObit > Tool (Note: Cleans left-overs after a normal uninstall)

New update for TreeSize Free V2.5 (Version: 2.5) - Version 2.5.1 (If you use it, otherwise remove it)

Several Quickbooks errors are in the logs, make sure the program is correctly loaded and not over full of data -
I understand that this may be used a bit, but there is a minor glitch with it still -
(Typical) - - Error: (04/09/2012 01:24:13 PM) (Source: QuickBooks) (User: )

Download TFC Cleaner to desktop, but make sure all work is saved as it will close all open programs and delete all Temp Files -

For now these are a few items that need dealing with -

Regards -
Extra - re: Error: (04/09/2012 08:27:15 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2)(User: )
From M/soft -
To resolve this issue, use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow these steps:
  • Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  • Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
  • The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Edited by noknojon, 10 April 2012 - 02:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users