Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Very Strange Lag

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FreshlyPikd

FreshlyPikd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

Anyone who is an online gamer will know what I mean by lag: the computer's responsiveness slows down. I have a new gaming computer that has a lot of processing power and a gig of ram, and I also have a fast internet connection. That means that my computer never suffers from lag. However, recently it has. It's a very strange problem that happens from the moment I turn my computer on to the moment I turn my computer off. It's also very methodical. Every four seconds the computer seems to freeze for a millisecond. It is almost unnoticable if I'm just typing or goofing around on the computer. However when I'm playing a game online I notice is easily because I'm very sensitive to how my computer is responding. I noticed it immediately and then was able to notice it even when my computer is booting up. Sometimes I can hear it when I'm playing music too, its as if someone hit a cd player and for a split second it skips. I tried uninstalling EVERYTHING I had installed in the last two days in order to make it go away, but it keeps on coming back up. I think I noticed it right away but it could have been there before. I've also been having some problems with a new soundcard I installed, the Creative Xtreme Music X-Fi or whatever, so I was thinking that might have caused it. If anyone has any ideas that would be great. (I really want to avoid uninstalling the soundcard and messing around with that cause it has enough problems already)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:26 PM

Does your system meet all the requirements?

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/produ...uct=14066&nav=3

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:10 AM

Make sure you have the latest drivers for that audio card by visiting the manufacturer's site and checking for drivers for that particular card.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users