Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't upload files or connect online with programs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FadingMirage

FadingMirage

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hey all! So I've had this problem for a couple months, but have ignored it until now because it is hindering my ability to sync my iPhone. Essentially, any uploading-related activity that requires my computer to communicate with a network is not working. I can't connect the iTunes store in order to sync my phone, I can't attach files to my Gmail and there've been a couple other instances I can't recall where I couldn't connect through a program. My browsers work fine and I can download files easily -- it just seems like the uploading function does not work. Any thoughts? Possible virus?

Thanks in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

What Antivirus or Firewall are you using?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 FadingMirage

FadingMirage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Sorry I took so long to respond; I forgot to turn on notifications for this thread. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials and just the Windows Firewall. I also have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Lavasoft Ad-Aware installed, but I don't think they run automatically.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Try this

To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:
  • Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).
  • Click StartPosted Image. Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl The Internet Options dialog box appears.
  • Click the Advanced tab.
  • Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  • Start Internet Explorer again.
Credit: Microsoft Support Web

Edited by Sneakycyber, 04 April 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 

#5 FadingMirage

FadingMirage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Wow, that worked! And was a much simpler solution than I expected. Thanks!

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

glad it worked out for your :thumbup2:

Chad Mockensturm