Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring CD files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin L70

Kevin L70

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

I recently upgraded to a new ( for me) CPU - a refurbished Dell. I want to transfer some Docs on CD ( Corel book manuscripts). I get a message saying this cannot be done as the files are currently " being used elsewhere". I transferred a Word document successfully.

Any thoughts? Might I have to convert the Corel to Word before I can get this done? Thank You all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

A new cpu or a new computer? I'm assuming the latter.

Try one of the following:

Copy the files instead of moving them or

try copying or moving in safe mode or

try Unlocker http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

#3 Kevin L70

Kevin L70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Allan. I was less than clear above when I stated my problem. I cannot get the new machine to even Open the Corel files in Drive C, and my goal was to reinstall them on the new computer. I still suspect the problem has to do with using Corel, which I now regret.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're asking now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users