Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd programs running on 7?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 printerandink

printerandink

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I found some program called "transitions something or other connect to other desktops" (that's not the correct name.It started with transitions and said something about connecting to other desktops.), and this HydraDM program. What are these and why are they on my pc? I have no use for connecting to other desktops.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

hi, here is a google search results of one of the programs [HydraDM]you mentioned ,seems its for you Video card and managing to monitors or something like that ,,remember Google is your friend and has all the answers .lol
http://www.file.net/process/hydradm.exe.html.
as for the other program,"transitions something or other connect to other desktops "is not enough info for Good old Google to find anything except you post here.but it sound like it good be releated to the other as its for connecting to other desktops and the Hydra is for multiple monitors /or multiple desktops .so im guessing they are related .
good luck

Edited by caperjac, 03 April 2012 - 02:25 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

I found some program called "transitions something or other connect to other desktops" (that's not the correct name.It started with transitions and said something about connecting to other desktops.), and this HydraDM program. What are these and why are they on my pc? I have no use for connecting to other desktops.

is your question related to "can I safely delete these programs" or just "what are they" ??
Also can you find the other transitions something program ??

Thank You -

#4 printerandink

printerandink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Well, After I had typed this in I looked up some of them on the net. I am wary about clicking on many of those pc sites as many of them want you to download security stuff.

The hydra of course no longer worries me, but the transitions connect to other desktops thing has me a bit worried as it has not shown up again and I was not able to find anything like it on the net. The searches would give me non useful links.

So, that is my biggest worry now. I want to know what it is so that I can determine why it was on my pc.

#5 printerandink

printerandink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Found it. "Transitions Accessible technologies between desktops", but I was pretty sure it wasn't a trusted app when I first saw it. I must have misread.

What is a safe website to look programs up on? I'm still not sure what this thing does.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,402 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

IMO...using Google produces the most comprehensive results when trying to determine if a given filename is valid and what it might pertain to.

You need to remember that a filename, it itself...can also often be disguised malware.

Louis

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

It seems that Transitions Accessible technologies is not a required program for Windows7 and can be removed

Please look in Control Panel > Programs and Features to see if this program is listed - You can simply delete it from there

From a bit of research, there has been a few problems reported with it, but they were mainly with Vista systems

Post back if the program is not listed, or will not remove as I described -

Thank You -

#8 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Well, After I had typed this in I looked up some of them on the net. I am wary about clicking on many of those pc sites as many of them want you to download security stuff.

those are just adds for programs and it is wise to stay clear of them ,but the safest thing to do on such sites is read and not click !!

#9 printerandink

printerandink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

IMO...using Google produces the most comprehensive results when trying to determine if a given filename is valid and what it might pertain to.

You need to remember that a filename, it itself...can also often be disguised malware.

Louis

The problem is that I have to click on the site to get the full description.

It seems that Transitions Accessible technologies is not a required program for Windows7 and can be removed

Please look in Control Panel > Programs and Features to see if this program is listed - You can simply delete it from there

From a bit of research, there has been a few problems reported with it, but they were mainly with Vista systems

Post back if the program is not listed, or will not remove as I described -

Thank You -

It's not listed there.

#10 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

from im reading in the google search results it that it may be a featurre or service of HydraMD and not a program by itself ,did you check event viewer and see if shows any error info .

to open event viewer .

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766401.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users