Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rise Of Nations Movie Probs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 therealwesker

therealwesker

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:34 AM

Allright ill try to make this as sort as i can. Im sure some of you have heard of the game Rise Of Nations and when they save a game the files are .rec files. Well for some reason out of all my saved games from 2003 to today all work but 1. The 1 that doesnt work is the one that i want really bad. I have reinstalled the game and all i get are errors when i want to watch them BUT on other PCs the game playback works. Is there anyway i can take the .rec file and convert it to a mpeg or avi and play it in VLC media player or anything like that? I have really no idea how to do anything with video and if it would be easyer to have one of you guys do that than would rock. Any ideas?

just want to add how can a file that worked 6 hours ago just fine go bad? I have it burned onto 2 differnt cds and for my friend both copys work fine!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:10 AM

Generally speaking, most of the game reply file types are not actually movies, but a set of instructions to the game; the bottom line is that the file cannot be converted for media player use.
I not not an expert, but there may be software that will capture what is playing on the screen and put it in a mediaplayer format; if so, then you could install the software on his computer and capture the screen images as they are played. Maybe a more sophisticated member in this area can help you with that, or check the RON forums for more specific information.
I am not sure whether, after re-installing RON, that just that one refuses to work, or that now all of them do. Did you remember to re-install any game patches?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users