Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect virus FIXED

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kornylak

kornylak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Thought I would share with you in case it is helpful:

I struggled for months to get rid of a browser redirect virus. It's characteristic was that it hijacked google-analytics to 93.115.241.28 and so it would hijack my clicks to unintended
sites. I have no idea how I got it.

I finally found my problem:
First, it was manifested by doing a PING to google-analytics. That got hijacked to 93.115.241.28 wich is some rogue address (I wish someone could do something about them).
Second, the problem was detected by kapersky 'TDSSKILLER' utility. It detected a problem with SPTD.SYS. I removed that file but then my system was not happy on rebooting.
I found that file was part of deamon lite, so I reinstalled that freeware, and I am finally back to normal!!
:thumbsup:

PS some folks that have this problem find it to be in their router, and thus will never find it on the computer, so be sure to check that out. May need a reset of the router.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for posting.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users