Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser besides FF?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lishy

Lishy

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Hey guys. What's a good browser besides FF, which I could possibly use for testing stuff in browsers besides FF? It must have Adblock+ and NoScript add-ons.

I was thinking of Chrome, but I'm worried about privacy with a Google web browser..

So what should I use as a secondary browser!? Opera!? :S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Take a look at Multi Engined Lunascape Browser. See if that fits your needs?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

I would strongly recommend the Comodo Dragon browser. It is a Chromium based browser but with all the Google tracking stuff removed and Comodo have made it very secure. It is also compatible with most Chrome add-ons including Ad-Block Plus Beta for Chrome browsers. I used FF for a long time and liked it fine but decided to try Dragon for a while and then made it my default browser as it is so secure. My weekly Superantispyware scan would usually find a couple of tracking cookies even though I used NoScript and AdBlock Plus on Firefox but since using Dragon I haven't had one.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 Castle Robin

Castle Robin

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

I haven't yet used Lunascape, but I can vouch for the browser from what I've read and viewed on You Tube about it, and they also are compatible with Firefox add-ons.  Although this is an old thread, the mention of Lunascape caught my eye.

How would you regard their privacy policy for users' data?:

https://sites.google.com/a/lunascape-inc.com/en/company/privacy

One site says that Lunascape leaves a folder behind when being uninstalled, but if anything, that sounds like the standard uninstallation situation whereby certain traces are left behind, so very unlikely an issue of concern.

As far as I know, all browsers pass on analytics to Google or other third parties and users' data is literally unidentifiable as stated, but if Lunascape are discreet in their usage of data of people who use their browser, I might give them a go.  I certainly like their multi-platform system of combining a few different browsers into one and their wide scope of customising options.  They have Japanese roots and are now also based in the USA.

Edited by Castle Robin, 25 February 2014 - 03:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users