Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash applications stutter on all browsers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ixcuincle

ixcuincle

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Lately I have experienced stuttering when playing Flash applications on all browsers. The computer used to play these applications without any problem at all, but over the last couple of weeks there has been stuttering. I mainly use Chrome, but the issue occurs on Firefox and Opera too. I have tried uninstalling Flash and reinstalling it. I have tried deleting cookies and temporary files.

I have noticed the stuttering mainly occurs when I am using the computer at the same time, as in the video or audio application is on another window while I am browsing in another window. If I keep the Flash application open, and I am using the window or it's in the background, everything seems to work fine; it's just when I switch to another window and start browsing that the issues occur. I have also noticed the issue remains focused on this computer, as my Windows XP computer can run the same Flash audio applications without any problem at all.

I have 2 gigabytes of memory, so that shouldn't be an issue. I am also using Windows 7 Professional. I can provide further specs if needed.

Edited by ixcuincle, 02 April 2012 - 04:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ixcuincle

ixcuincle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

The fix to this issue is downgrading Flash. Apparently there is an issue with Flash's newer versions and stuttering. It's a relief to be able to listen to audio and surf the web simultaneously again.

#3 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

It might not be FLASH itself.... Sites like youtube are getting so bloated,alot of ppl are having problems watching thier stuff....... (That could watch it flawlessly before)

Edited by 4dude, 05 April 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

I have noticed the stuttering mainly occurs when I am using the computer at the same time, as in the video or audio application is on another window

I've particularly experienced this on a sony vaio netbook with the stutter effect when doing some simultaneous application. A Vaio driver update have fix the problem. If your PC is an OEM computer, check for a later driver fix or update.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users