Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The procedure entry point could not be found(Malware/Virus)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Ddng1143

Ddng1143

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

So this is my first post in this forum(so i hope i am not doing anything wrong).
Since about a couple weeks ago my computer has been working fine. Then when i woke up on March 25, the minute my computer started i received an error message. I thought everything was alright but when i went to open my browser i received the message " The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll." and "The procedure entry point _ftol2could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.". Everytime i try opening a programs like Photoshop,Word, Malwarebytes and ESET... it gives me that message(I tried dowloading and running rkill with different names but the message also popped up). Strangly I can still open SuperAntiSpyware and open games like Chess. I have tried running Microsoft Security Esssentials with no results. I have tried running SuperAntiSpyware in all modes (including the rescue scan) and it said that everything is clean. When i clicked on something that was only avaliable to the paid version my internet browser(Internet Explorer) popped up(So i think its like the Security scam that does not let you use programs). Thats why i would like to request help in getting rid of this, if this even is a virus.

Thx

Ddng

Edited by boopme, 03 April 2012 - 09:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hello, please run this so we can get some info.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Ddng1143

Ddng1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Deperessing results :(
I was able to download the programm by turning off the smart filter in my Internet Explorer but once i gave the permission for the programm to run these 2 windows popped up again:
My link
My link

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

OK, then I still didn't get your Operating system. Also have you upgraded the OS..eg XP to Vista?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Ddng1143

Ddng1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

I am sorry that i excluded the information.
My Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.
((Just out of curiosity)Is it possible to set up a remote desktop connection so that you can get all the info you need or see the restrictions this is giving me for yourself?)

EDIT :Here is a little info about my comp
My link

Edited by Ddng1143, 03 April 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hello,it appears a file has been replaced with the wrong one. It's not malware I do not believe.
I am moving this up to WIN7 forum as I feel they will know how to find it.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

In Add/Remove Programs...what Visual C packages are reflected as installed?

Are you running the 64-bit version of Win 7?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit

Louis

#8 Ddng1143

Ddng1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I tried going into Computer->System Properties but nothing came up.
I also went into Control panels Uninstall programs but nothing happened.
From previous experience and from my CCleaner i know that i am running 64 bit.(screenshot attached on the edit up there)
I can also view my prgramms through CCleaner and took a screenshot:List of visual C packages

Thx

Dd

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

OK, thanks :).

Just for the heck of it, I uninstalled all of my MS Visual C++ installs (2005, 2008 mulitple times, and 2010), using Add/Remove Programs. I was trying to duplicate whatever effect would occur on various programs if I was missing the link library used by so many apps.

First thing that happened is that my AV would not work properly and that was enough for me.

I suggest uninstalling all Visual C++ versions listed in your Add/Remove Programs...starting with the oldest (2005) and working through 2010. Eash install will take a little time...about 5 minutes or so...in contrast to the relatively fast normal uninstalls via Add/Remove Programs. The system may appear to not be doing anything, but it is...just be patient until that item disappears from Add/Remove Prograsm.

Then just reinstall the 2010 library, http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632, do not reinstall any others.

Then let's see if you get errors/have problems.

Louis

#10 Ddng1143

Ddng1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

My linkIs this a normal thing to see???

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Updates...are updates. Do not uninstall those. Updates are indented in A/RP, while the basic program extends all the way to the left border.

You want to uninstall the main packages, each of which reflects "year" Microsoft Visual C++.

Louis

#12 Ddng1143

Ddng1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

After waiting for 3 hrs for the last C++ package to uninstall i closed CCleaner. Once i opened it again they were back up...
I tried uninstalling them again but the Error 1719 keeps on coming. If i wait a couple of minutes and i press ok, the package is gone from the list but once i open the Cleaner again its back up....
Here is the puzzling thing:If i go to the tab that showed me what i deleted, the packages are there: The puzzling discovery

#13 Ddng1143

Ddng1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

SPEECHLESS!5 Stars for Bleeping computer

So after i checked again i found out i was supposed to type in SFC/scannow. It found some corrupted stuff and did somethign to it and also created a log which i cant find.....
Well anyways my computer is running normally without downloading the other c++ files which are now gone after doing the command thing and restarting.
Is there any way to check if my comp is running perfectly fine now and do i still download the other files??

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

DD

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

<<Is there any way to check if my comp is running perfectly fine now and do i still download the other files??>>

If there are no obvious problems...the system is fine.

Not sure what "other files" you are referring to.

Louis

#15 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

>>>i found out i was supposed to type in SFC/scannow. It found some corrupted stuff and did somethign to it and also created a log which i cant find.....<<<

How to see & read "SFC" scan results from the CBS.LOG:

Start Menu >> All Programs >> Accessories >> right click on Command Prompt and click on "Run as administrator"

In the elevated command prompt, copy and paste the command below and press Enter:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will put an "sfcdetails.txt" file on your desktop with only the SFC scan result details from the CBS.LOG in it. You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users