Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fedora 13 on acer aspire one aoa101 -ab

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 horseman666

horseman666

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

hi i have an acer aspire one with this stupid fedora os. while booting the os i am getting : fedora 13-i686-L : UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY : RUN fsck MANUALLY [FAILED]

UNDER THAT IT SAYS
FEDORA -13-i686-L CONTAINS A FILESYSTEM WITH ERRORS , CHECK FORCED UNATTACHED INODE 5470
AN ERROR OCCURRED DURING THE FILE SYSTEM CHECK. DROPPING YOU TO A SHELL : THE SYSTEM WILL REBOOT WHEN YOU LEAVE THE SHELL
GIVE ROOT PASSWORD FOR MAINTENANCE (OR TYPE CONTROL -D TO CONTINUE)

when i do control d the system tries to reboot but comes back to the same message and i don`t know what the root password is (also when i try to write anything it just does not write
i tried to get ubuntu on usb and boot the usb but i get error 17 and nothing happens... can you please guide me through - all i want is to get it running on any os

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 horseman666

horseman666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

JUST TO MAKE SURE , THIS NETBOOK DOES NOT HAVE A CD ROM BUT HAS GOT A USB PORTS AND SD CARD READER WHEN I TRY TO BOOT FROM SD CARD OR USB I GET ERROR 17

#3 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Have you upgraded the RAM? If so, do you still have the old RAM available?

If memory isn't the culprit, you have some other hardware problem in all likelihood since it affects both the cardreader and the internal drive. If you can make a bootable thumb drive on another system, you can try that. But I wouldn't be surprised if that gave you trouble, too.

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Grub error 17 means the bootloader can't find the boot partition.
Using a Windows computer download Universal USB Installer: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/
Install any linux distro on the USB device. TRK would be my suggestion as it has tools to repair partitions and reinstall grub.
http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT____CPR_FOR_YOUR_COMPUTER&front_id=12&lang=en&locale=en

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#5 horseman666

horseman666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

i managed to solve the problem by creating a bootable usb (bootable usb creator for ubuntu)and the only os that seemed to go through was ubuntu ... windows and fedora would not boot at all...(thx bc advisor that was helpful)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users