Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freeware Programs Like Alcohol?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sakaman

sakaman

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

Hi,

Well, do you know any freeware programs that do the same work as alcohol?

thanks, sakaman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:16 PM

Wow. Its been awhile since I heard that name. Now, while this program has legit purposes, the fact that you posted it in the games section makes me leery. If I may be nosy, what purpose do you need this for? Are you using this for gaming purposes? If you own the original works, and want to rip them, then that is legal, and I will try to help; freeware is everywhere, if you know where to look! :thumbsup:

If, however, you want to convert games that you downloaded, then tough luck, my friend. This forum has rules against illegal activity, and you are on your own. If you have the original works, then please forgive my snidness :flowers: , I will tell you of one program that will do the same thing as alcohol, if you are on the level.

rms4evr

#3 sakaman

sakaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

hi rms3evr,

ee man I just hate having a pile of cds near my pc and having to change them all the time.
With alcohol I made the images , I mount them and I find hapyness. You see the duration of the trial version
will end soon and I don't want to go back to my misery :thumbsup:

thanks sakaman

#4 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

Okay, Good, you own the CDs :thumbsup: . That means I can help you!!

Daemon Tools 3.47

And the newer version:

Daemon-Tools 4.0.3 X86

From what I have read, this should do the same thing as Alcohol. And its Free!!!! Some people have had "issues" with the new version, so that's why I included the older version.

No more disc switching!!! Have Fun!!!

rms4evr

#5 sakaman

sakaman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:48 AM

Thanks rms4evr :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

#6 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:27 AM

yeah deamon-tools is good. i too dont like having loads of games cds out and about have afew images

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users