Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Morrigu

Morrigu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:31 AM

Hello everyone, I am happy to have found you. I have a general question about hardware and hoping that someone might help me.

I bought a laptop today, however, it was not the original laptop I was seeking. I wanted a computer that would allow me to play WoW – so my concern was RAM and the video card.

However, my issue is that I am not well versed in “dual processors” and the particular laptop I bought has one.

I guess my question is, what are the differences between a dual processor and a regular processor.

The processor in my laptop is: T2300 @ 166 GHZ and I have 2MBs of RAM. So far its running great, and plays wow perfect. I originally was seeking a 3.0ghz.

How does my processor compare to say a 3.4ghz?

The laptop I purchased is a Apire 5670 (acer), I would like to know your opinion.

Anyway, I hope to meet some new friends, perhaps contribute to the community, and learn a thing or two. Look forward to talking with all of you.

Bah I just saw the "title of the post" in the rules -- I am sorry for just saying hello. :thumbsup:

Edited by Morrigu, 21 February 2006 - 12:37 AM.

You may write me down in history, with your bitter, twisted lies.You may tread me in the very dirt, but still, like dust, I'll rise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:48 AM

Welcome to BC. Seems like a nice computer. If you would like I could transfer this to the Hardware Forum or you could leave it here so other members can meet you and you could start a topic in Hardware.
Whatever you decide is fine. Have a good time.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:30 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!
David

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! Morrigu.
Laptops don't have as good as a video card as compared to desktop computers. I prefer desktop computers for gaming over laptops.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users